Lightweight shell jacket for serious weather made from natural materials.
PRIMARY INNOVATION FEATURES
- Tightly woven, long staple cotton, ripstop.
- Possibility to add Fjällräven Grönlandswax for even better weather protection.
- Double stitched and covered seams with cotton overspun polyester thread that swells when wet.
- In-field repairable cords.
- Longlasting metal trims in stainless steel and hard anodized aluminum.
- No 5 YKK zippers for longlasting operation.
- Protective edge piping with reflex along sleeve ends.
- Sized to fit additional insulation layers.
- Fitted, well protective hood, with one step adjustment in the back.
INTENDED SPECIFIC END USE
Winter activities in the mountains, ski touring, ski mountaineering.
Tightly woven and waxable cotton instead of complex composite materials from different materials glued together (aka waterproof and breathable laminates). Stainless steel and aluminium trims instead of cheaper metals with complex surface finishes to reach same corrosion/oxidation resistance and strength. Double seams with edge tape using high grade. Design choices based on historical warranty claims on similar products.
FUN FACTS OR BACKSTORY?
The ambition was to make a shell garment for winter activities in the mountains. A shell garment that protects in bad weather and is comfortable to wear, even at high pulse. And Fjällräven wanted to use natural materials. For them, the answer is an anorak with generous fit. Made from tightly woven and waxable cotton to avoid membranes. An extaordinary well-fitted hood, with adjustment in the back, keep you protected even in the worst conditions. Over-dimensioned trims and easy to repair constructions, together with organic look of the cotton, makes a garment to love and take care of for a long time.
Design: Fjällräven RnD
Product material: High dense woven cotton ripstop from long staple BCI cotton yarn.
Product weight: 573 g (Men M)
Available in stores: FW 2023
Recommended retail price: €450